Sunday, June 7, 2009

Biking 01: Test ride to KL Lookout Point Hulu Langat

here's my spanking new folding bike... a dahon speed p8 2009.. bought it at the authorised Dahon distributor near Bangsar Village...
i went for a test ride last sunday..
destination: KL Lookout Point Restaurant, Hulu Langat
distance: 12.6km
terrain: moderate climbs, hilly near the destination

I found my way even without a map, just stopping for brief moments check the road signs... road sign says im only 3km to my destination.. but by this time e pagod na ako and paakyat ang kalsada..
after much effort climbing the hill, i have to decide either to turn back or to push my bike upwards. i came to an area with a good overlooking view so i decided to stop there and take some pics then head back down. later on when i checked google maps, i was only around 1 km away.. sayang =( hehehe
here's the view on the highway going up.. pag daytime its not really much because of haze. but at night the view will be better.
my bike parked along the highway
one more pic before heading back..
stopping on the way back to take some pics..
on the way back i stopped to buy nasi lemak in pudu ulu near alamanda to buy nasi lemak for breakfast. all in all very nice sunday morning papawis na din... and as per Gen. McArthur "I shall return"

total time spent: 2hrs
total money spent: 1rm for nasi lemak

my bike's total mileage so far including the trip to my weekly basketball game at brickfields ~50km

0 comments: